We will post more recipes as they are complied. Enjoy!
Jamey's Wild Green Quiche
- 1 9-inch pie crust (make this crust homemade… see your recipe books)
- 2-cups of cooked wild green
(Steam lightly until limp, add some butter for added flavor if you like)
- 1-cup shredded Swiss cheese Gruyere
- 1-cup whole milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, crumbled
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the crust. Bake crust in a preheated oven at 450 for 7 minutes. Cool crust and lower oven to 350.
- Place Wild Greens on the bottom of the crust and then the shredded cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat together the milk, egg whites, whole eggs, tarragon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour this mixture carefully over the cheese.
- Bake quiche for 30 minutes or until the custard has set.